Eudajmonia Foundation was founded in May 2007 by the group of professionals coming from the background of non-profit organisations working with people with all types of disability. Since then Eudajmonia Foundation has been managing projects financed by the European Social Fund and by other national funds concerning social inclusion through education and training, many of which were specifically addressed to people with disabilities.
The mission of the Foundation is to create the conditions for change and to strengthen the potential of people who want to improve the quality of their lives, and who wish to develop, create and act in order to achieve success. In its work Eudajmonia Foundation is guided by the principles of professionalism, complexity and innovation.
- promoting and developing the potential; improving opportunities for disadvantaged individuals and groups,
- influencing the recipient’s social and professional development,
- increasing the staff’s competence at the institutions of social welfare and integration
- enhancing the cooperation between non-governmental organisations, public administration and the world of business in the area of the public policy implementation,
- integrating local communities.
Areas of activity:
- the implementation of social projects aimed at those marginalized for various reasons, e.g. people with disabilities,
- actions for children, youth and local communities,
- training activity and educational work,
- social welfare and integration,
- labour market and unemployment,
- the support of entrepreneurship,
- cooperation between sectors.
- professionals specialised in the projects’ implementation,
- experts in the area of social welfare and integration, labour market and social economy,
- practitioners of social and professional activation: psychologists, career counsellors, activity coaches, job coaches and functional assistants for people with disabilities.
Eudajmonia Foundation has a great experience in the implementation of projects and other social activities financed via public sources (POKL, FIO, PFRON, UMWD) among others in the area of the social and professional activation of people with disabilities.
In 2012-2014 Eudajmonia Foundation organised and completed a series of (approx. 30) training workshops for people with disabilities (psychoeducational, empowerment, IT training), for those who surround people with disabilities (family etc.), assistants, employees of the labour market, social welfare and integration institutions and candidates for activity and job coaches. Psychological support, vocational guidance including the preparation of individual action plan (IPD), a job coach, an activity coach and functional assistance services were provided. Over 450 people from across the region, including more than 300 people with disabilities took part in all forms of support.
Our foundation is also involved in the advocacy and promotion in the area of social and professional activation of people with disabilities, including the legislation area (we are members of the team for social and professional activation of people with disabilities at the Ministry of Labour and Social Policy, the ON-Inclusion initiative 14-20 and the Polish Union of Supported Employment). We sit on the team preparing the strategy in the area of the county social policy.
Eudajmonia Foundation’s experience in implementing projects during 2013-2014:
Within the Human Capital Operational Program of the EU (hereinafter referred to as PO KL)
1. The innovative project “Supported Employment” ("Zatrudnienie Wspomagane"): the objective was
to create, test and implement a new model of vocational activation of people with disabilities; the time frame 02.2012-01.2015; the value of the project 3.206.374,50 PLN; the number of participants:
100 people with disabilities, 100 of those from the surrounding of people with disabilities,
100 representatives of the labour market, social welfare and integration institutions, 10 job coaches; the results of the testing phase: employment – 35 people, voluntary services – 11 people, training – 18 people, work samples – 11 people, job placements – 6 people.
2. The innovative project “Activity Coach” ("Trener Aktywności"): the objective was to create, test and implement a new model of professional and social activation of people with disabilities; the time frame 02.2012-01.2015; the value of the project 1.544.137,00 PLN; the number of participants: 30 people with disabilities received direct support, 30 of those from the surrounding of people with disabilities,
15 activity coaches; the result of the project: 80% of the participants increased the level
of independence by 60% from the state of the entry into the service.
3. The project "Mentor": the time frame 06.2013-03.2015; the value of the project 1.901.985,00 PLN; the number of participants: 35 people with disabilities; the results of the project: 30 firms founded.
4. The project “Efficient Business from Lower Silesia” ("Sprawny biznes z Dolnego Śląska"): the time frame 09.2013-06.2015; the value of the project 1.914.782,08 PLN; the number of participants: 35 people with disabilities; the results of the project: 30 participants received a grant to run a business.
5. The project “People with Disabilities in ICT” ("ON w ICT"): the time frame 01.2013-06.2015; the value of the project: 431.474,07 PLN, the project in cooperation with Wrocomp Jerzy Żemła; the aim of the project is to increase computer literacy (ECDL Core) of 96 people with disabilities; ongoing project – up to date number of participants is 60.
6. The project “Capable at work” (“Sprawni w pracy”) – the project in cooperation with the Regional Government of Lower Silesia (hereinafter referred to as UMWD) and other three non-governmental organisations located in different areas of the region (FAL, PZG, Promyk Słońca Foundation), the goal of the project was to help people with disabilities and their families to start and/or return to work by assigning them with personal assistant services (PAS); the time frame 08.2012 – 12.2014; the value of the project 2.600.000,00 PLN; the number of participants: 60 people with disabilities, Eudajmonia Foundation has been implementing the project within the Legnica-Głogów area for 13 participants; the results of the project in the area: 5 people employed, 10 job placements.
Within the State Fund for Rehabilitation of Disabled Persons (hereinafter referred to as PFRON)
7. The project “Become an assistant – support effectively” (“Zostań asystentem – wspieraj skutecznie”): the aim of the project is to increase professional competence (knowledge and skills) of 46 people from Lower Silesia in the area of social and functional assistant services for people with disabilities by participation in training and placements; the project is cofounded by the UMWD from the PFRON resources; the time frame 06.2014-12.2014; the value of the project 64.800,00 PLN.
Within own resources:
8. I Open People’s with Disabilities Futsal Tournament and the integration event 20.05.2014; the value of the project 5.000,00 PLN; the number of participants: 48, with 40 people with disabilities.
9. BACHOMAZY – the integration event and I Non-Governmental Organisations’ Picnic in Polkowice 25.09.2014; the value of the project 2.000,00 PLN; the number of participants: around 100 people, with 20 people with disabilities and 9 NGOs.
One of the key achievements of the Foundation is the model of assistant services presented below: